The importance of images in social media is enormous. Post without an image and you’re post won’t get noticed. These days it’s all about visual marketing.
Read my Blog below or Listen to my YouTube post by clicking the image on the left.
These days your audience has a very limited attention span so capturing their attention is essential - and can be difficult.
So how do you use images for the best results?
1 THINK ABOUT HOW YOUR AUDIENCE IS GOING TO VIEW THE POST People generally approach posts in 3 steps.
the first is WITH THEIR EYES
then they read the text.
then they’ll react to it.
2. USE IMAGES TO BREAK UP TEXT HEAVE POSTS People generally skim read rather than reading chunks of text – use images to break it up in longer posts.
3. USE COLOUR AND STRIKING IMAGES Make sure you use colour – this always attracts attention! Striking images also do the same.
4. BE CLEVER. People look at images top left to bottom right. If you can take product pictures which feature your products this way. Also make sure to take pictures from angles that shows the product off to best effect. Food pics for example are best taken from ABOVE the food so people can see the entire dish. YUM
5. MAKE YOUR IMAGES RELEVANT I say this over and over but posts that aren’t relevant to your business are great fun but use them occasionally rather than regularly. We all love pets and babies BUT link the image of your dog TO your brand and subject – don’t just post pics of your pets.
6. GET YOUR AUDIENCE INVOLED Or using interactive techniques – put a hand in there, or fingers pointing to draw in the audience and make them think that could be me doing that. Ask them to post pictures they’ve taken or pics of themselves
7. GET YOUR SIZES RIGHT
FACEBOOK The ideal image size for your Facebook cover photo is 851px by 315px. Facebook image post is 720px, 960px, or 2048px wide, with flexibility in the corresponding height.
Insta You can use square, landscape or vertical but most are currently square
· All images will be cropped to a square in the feed.
· The ideal size for square posts is 1080px by 1080px at a 1:1 aspect ratio.
· For landscape posts, use an image that is 1200px by 628px, with an aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
· Vertical images should be sized at 1080px by 1350px with a 4:5 aspect ratio.
Twitter The ideal image size and aspect ratio are 1200px X 675px and 16:9, respectively. The maximum file size is 5MB for photos
2585 and animated GIFs.